Choosing a Business Location in San Antonio (6 Critical Factors)
November 27, 2018
Choosing a business location in San Antonio is no easy feat. With more than 465 square miles to its name, the city is a sprawling, expansive one with millions of feet of real estate to choose from.
So, how do you go about choosing the absolute best one for your company? Here are six factors to consider:
1. Location — Consider things like nearby amenities, local car and foot traffic, accessibility to local highways, and more. If you’re a customer-facing operation, local demographics, nearby competition, and overall visibility should also play a role. Our commercial property finder can help provide you with valuable property details you need to make a decision.
2. Landlord — If you’re leasing, you’ll want to properly research and vet your landlord. A good real estate broker can give you insights into the best (and worst) landlords in your area.
3. Other tenants — You don’t want to share a property with nuisance neighbors. Make sure to meet (or at least research) the full roster of tenants before signing your lease.
4. Investment return — Buying land? Make sure you’re purchasing property that will appreciate in value over time.
5. Layout — In addition to size/space, you’ll also want to assess a building’s overall layout. Are there enough offices for your C-suite team? Are there meeting rooms for clients? Are bathrooms plentiful and accessible?
6. Communication — Is the property on a fiber-optic network? Is it configured for high-speed Wi-Fi and phone service? Is it in close proximity to a data center? Make sure it has all the connections your business needs (and might additionally need down the line.)
Finally, consider the costs of the property. Make sure to factor in utilities, as well as any furnishings, décor, or equipment you’ll need to outfit the building. You should also understand your potential property tax obligations.
Choosing a Business Location in San Antonio
Want help choosing a business location in San Antonio? Then you’ve come to the right place. Investment Realty specializes in finding commercial properties for businesses just like yours. Contact an agent today for guidance.