The monthly review of the Texas Economy, composed by the Real Estate Center, for the month of July shows a positive turn in the job sector. According to the report Texas’ seasonally adjusted unemployment rate fell to 6.5 percent, which is below the national rate, currently at 7.6 percent. Between June 2012 to July 2013 Texas showed growth in the following categories:
- Construction gained 33,900 jobs.
- Leisure and hospitality industry gained 56,600 jobs.
- Professional and business industry gained 63,000 job.
- State’s mining and logging industry gained 10,300 jobs.
- Education and health gained 32,800 jobs.
- Other service industry gained 8,900 jobs.
- Texas’ financial activities gained 2,100 jobs.
- Information industry gained 2,100 jobs.
- Texas government sector gained 14,700 jobs.
- Manufacturing industry gained 3,200 jobs
- Durable manufacturing industry gained 9,100 job
For the full report visit: http://recenter.tamu.edu/pdf/1862.pdf