16. Good decisions increase you options for the future, while poor decisions limit your options, thereby limiting your flexibility.
17. Ask more then you are willing to settle for. It will leave you room to negotiate and may wind up with better deal.
18. Create an environment where those around you really want you to succeed, and you will. Don’t create your own resistance.
19. Help the other guy get his stuff, and he will help you get your stuff. Understand his side and be certain that he understands yours.
20. The difference between mediocrity and excellence is doing a lot of little things better.
*Editor’s Note: Stephen Raub has been in the Real Estate Business since 1984 and has picked up a many different tips he finds helpful for professionals in the field. Some of the Rules are original and other are from a variety of sources. Because of the way the list was composed, unfortunately it is not possible to credit every source. Investment Realty isn’t claiming ownership of the material and is just sharing the information for professional purposes which we hope you will find both useful and entertaining, too.