11. Enemies decrease your power, while allies increase your power.
12. Employ your resources- self, others, things- in accordance with their capabilities. Know your own limitations and don’t be afraid to stretch yourself. You never know your limits until you exceed them!
13. Don’t reinforce failure. Resources are too precious to squander. Cut your loses and redeploy in a more promising direction.
14. Dwelling on the past is for the losers, be it a “good” past or a “bad” one. Winners are always advancing to the next challenge.
15. In negotiating, the side that needs the deal the most, at least in his own mind, ill give up the most to make the deal. Negotiate from a position of strength. Don’t allow yourself to get into a position where you must make a del, because them you have lost your power over our own destiny. The ultimate power in a negotiation is to walk away.
*Editor’s Note: Stephen Raub has been in the Real Estate Business since 1984 and has picked up a many different tips he finds helpful for professionals in the field. Some of the Rules are original and other are from a variety of sources. Because of the way the list was composed, unfortunately it is not possible to credit every source. Investment Realty isn’t claiming ownership of the material and is just sharing the information for professional purposes which we hope you will find both useful and entertaining, too.